Thursday, August 23, 2012

Amanda's Baby Mum

Here is a mum I made for my Cousin Amanda.  For those that are not familiar with what a mum, they are traditionally wore at high school homecoming games.  So I guess in a way this version of the mum is to celebrate the home coming of a new baby. These mums are generally  placed on the outside of the hospital room door.
I like to make them to coordinate with the theme of the nursery.  Amanda and Michael chose a western them for little Kylee's room.

I singed the edges of the flowers to give more of a shabby chic rustic look.

After painting the letters pink, I stamped them with a wonderful rubber stamp I recently purchased in a brown ink.  Brown was the third color of choice. I also tried with and silver which just didn't seem to pop. I really hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment