Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ghostly Gaze

So I decided to make an ATC with one of the pictures.  For those that are not familiar with what an ATC is, it is a card made in standard trading card size of 2 1/2 X 3 1/5.  Cards can be made with a number of various techniques and materials.  With this one I used a paint chip that I got at my local hardware store (for free) as my foundation.  When making ATCs it is always important to have a strong base or foundation for you card.  On the foundation card I used a tree mask which I rubbed black galato with a make-up sponge.  I love being able to see the drag marks as I wiped the sponge over the mask to fill in the nooks and crannies.  The image of the lady was printed on tissue paper and then wrinkled to give it an aged feel.  Finally I used flower soft on the bushes in front of the house and the tree on the foundation card.  I added them to the bushes to give contrast of the bright lively bushes and the faded women.  I haven't decide if I will us this in a swap or keep it for my own collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment